The team at Jack Ward Fire Consultants would like to wish you and your family nothing but the best this Thanksgiving and throughout the holiday season.
Our Offices will be closed Thanksgiving and November 23, 2018.
Thanksgiving is the peak time of the year for cooking fires. Here are a few safety tips from the Consumer Product Safety Commission to help protect you and your family this holiday season:
- Stay in the kitchen when cooking on the stove top so you can keep an eye on the food.
- Stay in the home when cooking your turkey and check on it frequently.
- Keep children away from the stove. Because it is hot, children should stay 3 feet away.
- Keep the floor clear so you don’t trip over children, toys, pocketbooks or bags.
- Keep knives out of reach of children.
- Be sure electric cords are not dangling off the counter within easy reach of a child.
- Keep matches and lighters out of the reach of children.
- Never leave children alone in a room with a lit candle.
- Make sure your smoke alarms are working. Test them by pushing the test button.